Installation and Running
- On MacOS
- you need to accept unknown developer certificates.
- you need to move AutoFOCUS3 to your application folder.
- AF3 does not start
- Check, that the path to your AF3 (including the AF3 folder itself) does not contain spaces.
- Unpacking of AF3 zip file fails with 'Path too long' on Windows
- Workaround: Unzip into your drive root, e.g., C:/ and give the folder a short name like 'af3'
- Menu icons are not displayed on KDE
- Go to "Systemsettings - Application Style - GNOME Application Style".
- Select "Show symbols of GTK buttons".
- Select "Show symbols in GTK menus".
Where can I report bugs or file feature requests?
Please direct any kind of feedback to our users mailing list (email@example.com). The AutoFOCUS3 teams is happy to support you.
What can I do if my model does not open any more?
When the metamodel of AutoFOCUS3 changes, models cannot be opened any more. AutoFOCUS3
provides model migrators that ensures backward compatibility between consecutive stable releases.
The problem should therefore only occur for nightly builds, or when the developer installation of
AutoFOCUS3 is used.
In any case, there are the following two solutions:
- If possible, provide the model to the AutoFOCUS3 users mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) that will fix it for you and try to
determine the source of the problem. Please take care to not disclose confidential information to our public mailing list.
- Open the model file in a text editor (e.g., in the Storage view) and try to recover the
model based on the error message. This typically requires in-depth knowledge of AutoFOCUS3 and
may result into corrupted models (so remember to make a backup copy first).
How can I connect ports of two components or states of a state automaton?
Please press the ALT key while connecting two states or ports holding the mouse on left-click.
How can I add new elements to a diagram?
There are two possibilities: either right-click in the model navigator and select the element from the context menu, or choose them from the model elements list.
How to contribute?
AutoFOCUS3 is open source and developed under the Apache 2.0 license.
Please check our developer documentation, or write to our developer mailing list (email@example.com).