The Objectives page is your starting point for any objective modeling activity. Here, you have an overview over all objective patterns.
Available until now:
- Hardware Optimization Pattern
- Bus Bandwidth Optimization Pattern
Hardware Optimization Pattern
This pattern allows you to create optimization objectives for the hardware components (table on the left) where the tasks (table on the right) are running.
The optimization function consists of three main parts:
When you are done, you can press the button Add Objective to create the objective.
- optimization direction: it can be either minimization or maximization of the function;
- aggregation function: it can be either a sum over hw properties (e.g. the sum of the hardware costs) or count. The count function basically just counts the number of model elements (ECUs in this case) in an architecture;
- optimization criterion: it can be either a model element property (e.g. minimize the overall cost) or a model element class (e.g. minimize the number of used hardware components). For the latter, one needs to use the count function.
Bus Bandwidth Optimization Pattern
This pattern allows you to optimize the bandwidth of a given transmission channel. You should first select the transmission element you want to consider from the menu (in the figure above, Bus0 is selected) and then select the optimization direction via the option button (either minimize or maximize).
Finally press the button Add Objective to create the objective.